I have found many things in New York City to be somewhat ambiguous. For example: subway announcements; subway rules for weekends and holidays; when to hail a taxi or not; and finally, the parking signs. Fortunately, I do not drive in the city. However, I witness the confusion and frustration of people trying to find spaces and avoid tickets everyday. This sign is my favorite, taken literally it has absolutely nothing to do with automobiles. "NO STANDING"
The definition of "STANDING" is as follows according to the New York City Department of Transportation-
The stopping of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, otherwise than temporarily for the purpose of and while engaged in receiving or discharging passengers.

1 comment:
Stephanie . . . let me think about this one for a day. I was really hoping to keep this assignment related to instruction. I can see ways of making it work but, I feel we should talk be for you invest too much time.
Post a Comment